Member Responsibilities (Disclaimer)
By becoming a member of Diamond Creek Runners (DCR), you agree to the following:
- I acknowledge and accept that DCR group runs involve the risk of injury or death from causes including (but not limited to) exertion, dehydration or over-hydration, accidents involving other members, spectators or road users, and course or weather conditions.
- I understand that DCR will always attempt to reduce my personal risk while running through the implementation of strategies outlined in their policies.
- I understand that the safety precautions undertaken by DCR Session Leaders during group runs rely on compliance by members and myself and do not guarantee my personal safety.
- I consent to myself or my dependents receiving medical treatment as deemed necessary by DCR Session Leaders or in their absense, another DCR member, while participating in a group run
- If I feel dizzy, faint or unwell it is my responsibility to stop exercising and to notify the Session Leader or in their absense, another DCR member in the group of how I am feeling.
- If I am unable to continue running during a group run, I will notify the Session Leader or in their absense, another DCR member, of my intention to stop and accept personal responsibility for returning to the starting point of the run.
- I agree to wear appropriate clothing and footwear for running and to dress appropriately for the weather and lighting conditions at the time of the run
- I agree to carry a running light or torch if I participate in group runs occurring before sunrise or after sunset.
- I acknowledge that I am personally responsible for the security of my belongings/possessions during each run (this includes car keys).
- I understand that the club is operated and managed by volunteers. I understand these volunteers assume no liability nor will they be held responsible in any manner for any injury (up to and including death) which occurs through following information on the DCR website, Facebook page, any DCR Facebook groups or through participation in group events.
- I understand that not all DCR volunteers have undertaken formal training or coaching programs. Advice received from any volunteer is to be considered ‘runner to runner’ and is in no way to be considered as professional training or medical advice. Volunteers that do have formal coaching (or other) qualifications will be listed on the DCR website.
- I agree to abide by all DCR member rules, policies and procedures and to follow instructions/directions given by DCR Session Leaders while participating in group runs.
- I agree that if I do not renew my membership within 30 days of it lapsing, my access to the DCR Member Facebook page will be removed and I will no longer receive electonic correspondance sent to members.
- I agree that if I do not renew my membership within 30 days of it lapsing and I attend DCR sessions, I will participarting as a non-member.
- I understand that if I am under 18 years of age, I am not able to participate in DCR group runs or events without direct parental supervision or direct supervision from an adult designated by my parent.
- I consent to DCR (and their appointees) using my name, images or likeness before, during and after a run for promotional, broadcasting or reporting purposes across all forms of media.
- I have have read and understood all the DCR policies and procedures and agree to abide by the behaviours and expectations stated in these policies and procedures.
Please consult with your doctor before beginning any fitness, nutrition or running program or before undertaking any other change in lifestyle.